Weight loss and appetite seem to be oxymorons, but they can work together as every ounce lost leads to a pound less over time. Nutrition and health can be tied into one diet that has proven to promote an individual’s longevity; the Mediterranean Diet. The Mediterrnaean Lifestyle allows one to enjoy eating seasonal and locally grown fruits /vegetables, with an emphasis on community socializiation; walking with friends and family.The Mediterranean Lifestyle is riding a wave into North America after being enjoyed for 1000’s of years globally by other countries. The following information focuses on calorie reduction through walking and testimonies from those who chose to get healthy. For more information read: Mediterranean Diet and 1200 Calorie Diet
Combined with a streamlined Mediterranean Diet will encourage a higher metabolism, burning additional calories.
3 bite rule. Once meal is in front of them, 3 bites (1 Tbsp=1 bite) per food is eaten. Uses sandwhich plates for all meals. Sticking with the pla, they reinforce this philosophy when eating out and puts the remainder food into the garbage. This has helped with portion control, quality of nutrients, quick weight loss. Total weight loss in 4 months 20 pounds.
Food Journal has helped establish personal menu’s. Exercise 30 minutes in the morning before work
Serves their plate and then moves half the food on their plate to their spouses plate.Exercise 30 minutes in the evening. Total weight loss in 6 weeks is 9 pounds.
Plans on the go: Fitness Pal: Counts down from 1200 calories to 0 calories each day in order to manage TOTAL calorie consumption. When 1200 have been reached the rest of the day is water only. Swims and works out at gym for one hour each day. Total Weight loss in 6 months 38 pounds.
30 minute walking a day. Attention to calories divided into 3 meals + 1 snack over the day. Food journal to see the success. 100 Jumping Jacks to conclude the day. Total Weight Loss in 4 weeks is 5 pounds.
- YES, attention to every bite and every meal. YES, to small dinner. NO Cheating. NO excuses. No snacks after 4 pm. Evening walking. Fitness Pal to track dietary intake. Total weight loss in one year 48 pounds.
- Keeps a scale next to refrigerator. Weighs in before eating as a reminder of a personal commitment. Total weight loss in 1 month 4 pounds.
- Has spouse or friend remove plate when done as to not to over eat. Allows for spouse or friend to remove plate before finished eating. 45 minutes exercise after dinner. Total weight loss in 3 months 12 pounds.
- Eats zucchini and cucumbers every day with a peel. Exercise one hour. 30 minutes before work and 30 minutes in the evening. Food Journal helps to keep focused, rights in calories for each food. Total weight loss in 6 months 46 pounds.
- Stopped eating children’s food. Reduced stress. Daily Exercise. 12 weeks and lost 11 pounds!
By: Kimberly Crocker