Delicious and tasty appetizer
- 1 Eggplant (does not need to be peeled, lengthwise or cross sliced 1/4 inch (1/2 cm)
- 12 Sun-dried tomatoes soaked in olive oil until tender
- Garlic clove minced
- Basil leaves
- Parsley leaves
- Goat cheese (A flavorful cheese can be substituted)
- Washed and dried lettuce leaves placed onto a plate (optional)
1. Combine sun-dried tomatoes, olive oil and garlic in a bowl and set aside.
2. Some stores may sell eggplant slices already grilled. Otherwise, wash and sliceeggplant. Lightly salt all slices and set aside in colander for about 1 hour to allow for bitter water to come out from eggplant. Pat dry eggplant slices with paper towel. Place eggplant slices onto hot grill and lightly grilled ggplant slices.
3. Place sun-dried tomato into center of eggplant. Place a slice of cheese into center of sun-dried tomato. Roll eggplant with sun-dried tomato and cheese inside. Place two parsley leaves on outside of roll and secure roll by inserting a toothpick. Place onto plate with lettuce.