Sun Dried Tomato Eggplant Rolls
Delicious and tasty appetizer
- 1 Eggplant (does not need to be peeled, lengthwise or cross sliced 1/4 inch (1/2 cm)
- 12 Sun-dried tomatoes soaked in olive oil until tender
- Garlic clove minced
- Basil leaves
- Parsley leaves
- Goat cheese (A flavorful cheese can be substituted)
- Washed and dried lettuce leaves placed onto a plate (optional)
Thinly sliced eggplant, lightly salted and grilled
1. Combine sun-dried tomatoes, olive oil and garlic in a bowl and set aside.
2. Some stores may sell eggplant slices already grilled. Otherwise, wash and sliceeggplant. Lightly salt all slices and set aside in colander for about 1 hour to allow for bitter water to come out from eggplant. Pat dry eggplant slices with paper towel. Place eggplant slices onto hot grill and lightly grilled ggplant slices.
Layer eggplant with sundried tomato, goat cheese and basil
3. Place sun-dried tomato into center of eggplant. Place a slice of cheese into center of sun-dried tomato. Roll eggplant with sun-dried tomato and cheese inside. Place two parsley leaves on outside of roll and secure roll by inserting a toothpick. Place onto plate with lettuce.
Simple Spaghetti Basil & Tomato Sauce
1 medium onion
2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
28 oz tomato sauce
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup milk
10 Basil leaves
120 grams Spaghetti
In a large pan bring 1 quart of water to boil.
In a medium size pan, sauté onion in olive oil for 5 minutes on medium low.
Add tomato sauce, salt, milk (helps to reduce acidity of sauce which comes from the processed seeds.)
Allow to simmer for 20 minutes. Add basil leaves to sauce at end of simmering time.
Place Spaghetti in large pan of boiling water and allow to boil for time indicated. Drain water from spaghetti.
Serve Spaghetti with a 1/4 c of sauce
Add Parmesan cheese on top for a delicious bite of dinner!
Nutrition Facts Cal 149 Cal from fat 125 Sodium 391mg Carbohydrate 48g
Note: The fat in this recipe contains heart healthy alimentary fat made of monosaturated fat (oleic acid) and polyphenols.
By: Kimberly Crocker
Posted in Italian Recipes, Recipes
- Tagged Basil, EVOO, Healthy Recipe, heart healthy, Italian, Italian Recipes, Pasta, Recipe, Recipes, Sauce, Tomato Sauce