A popular spring and summertime pasta is easy to prepare and can be served with hot or cold. Best prepared 12 hours in advance to allow the flavors to be enhanced through the marinating of time.
Ingredients to serve 4
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 garlic minced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/4 c sliced olives
- 1 carrot minced
- 1 celery minced
- 3/4 cup broccoli sliced and steamed for about 5 minutes
- 10 basil leaves cut into strips (or 1 tablespoon of pesto)
- optional: sunflower seeds
- optional 1 tsp of red pepper flakes
- Pasta of choice: Rotini or Farafalle (Bow tie) allow to cook about 1 minute less than indicated on box.
In a large pan fill with water, bring to a boil and add pasta. Heat oil and garlic in skillet for 2 minutes, when the garlic turns beige in color add tomatoes to skillet and quickly cover to prevent splatter. Also add olives, carrot, celery, broccoli. Allow to simmer on medium-low heat for 5 minutes.
Drain water from pasta. Turn off all stove burners. Add pasta to skillet of vegetables thoroughly incorporate the foods by turning with 2 spoons. May serve warm OR place into a bowl and allow to marinate in the refrigerator if serving cold.
You must be logged in to post a comment.