TUSCAN STYLE LASAGNA is a fantastic party dish that is easy to prepare! Made with a white cream sauce instead of tomato sauce, this flavorful meal promotes the Fall/Winter foods utilizing mushrooms, nuts and thyme. A big hit at any party, or for a classical holiday dish. Enjoy!
Servings 12. 9×13 pan.
Directions: Preheat oven to 400 F (180 C)
Preparation 15 minutes. Bake time 40 minutes.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 onion chopped\
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups sliced portabella or porcini mushrooms
- 1/2 Marsala wine
- 250 g of Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 5 cups milk
- 1/4 tsp thyme (dried) or 1tsp freshly chopped thyme
- 12 oz or (375 g) FRESH Mozzarella (cut into small cubes)
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- Entire box of Barilla Lasagna
Wash and chop mushrooms. Over medium heat, place large sauce pan add olive oil, onion and salt.Saute for 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and Marsala, stir all ingredients together with wooden spoon.
Place into pan Philadelphia Cream and milk. Stir, incorporating all ingredients about 5 minutes. Add thyme herb, mix well with a wooden spoon. Turn off stove remove cream from heat.
Build lasagna by placing 1 1/2 cup (3-4 ladles) of sauce into bottom of baking pan.
- First layer 3 lasagna sheets into pan side by side. Add 1 cup (2 ladles) of sauce on top of first lasagna layer. Add mozzarella 1/2 cup cheese and 1/8 cup of almonds.
- Second layer side by side 3 more sheets into pan. Add 1 cup (2 ladles) of sauce on top of lasagna. Add mozzarella 1/2 cup cheese and 1/8 cup of almonds.
- Third, layer side by side 3 more sheets into pan. Add 1 cup (2 ladles) of sauce on top of lasagna. Add mozzarella 1/2 cup cheese and 1/8 cup of almonds.
- Fourth, layer side by side 3 more sheets into pan. Add 1 cup (2 ladles) of sauce on top lasagna layer. Add mozzarella 1/2 cup cheese
Loosely cover dish with aluminum foil and place into oven. Allow to bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil and allow to bake without foil for another 20 minutes. Let sit for 15 minutes before serving. May be made 1 day in advance and stored in refrigerator. Next day, add 1 cup milk slowly around edges of lasagna, cover with aluminum foil. Bake in oven to reheat for 20 minutes on 400 F or 180 C.
By Kimberly Crocker-Scardicchio
Eat Know How Cooking Class