Therapeutic Lifestyle Change (TLC Diet)
To reduce Cholesterol problems and other symptoms of heart disease. Designed for everyone to have a Heart Healthy Day.
Fluids are equally important to a successful diet. Add 1-2 glasses of water with 1/2 to 1 whole lemon each day. Also drink 1-2 cups of Oolong tea each day. Oolong tea burns over 157% more fat than Green Tea and has become the most popular tea designed to accelerate weigh loss.
· Bread…. ½ cup oatmeal
· Milk…….Non fat yogurt
Bread…reduced fat graham cracker
· (for caloric increase add small bag of baked chips or pretzels)
· Bread….2 slices whole-wheat bread,
· Protein…2 ounces lean turkey,
· Free….1 tablespoon mustard Chipotle
· Vegetable… lettuce and tomato
· Vegetable…Carrot sticks
· Milk….skim or 1%, Water or Tea
· Protein…1 oz almonds (about 28 pieces)
· Protein….3 ounces baked or broiled salmon (Omega 3 fat)
· Bread….1 cup cooked brown rice
· Vegetable…1 cup cooked broccoli
· Fat…1 tablespoon olive oil (used in cooking)
· Vegetable…Salad made with 1½ cups romaine lettuce, ½ cup tomatoes, ¼ cucumber,
· Fat…vinaigrette: Extra Virgin Olive Oil, balsamic vinegar, oregano, minced garlic
· Bread…1 slice multi grain Italian bread
Cakes and cookies in moderation No more than 3 times per week.
Water or Tea
Include eight 8 oz glasses of fluids in your daily meal plan through out the day.
By: Kimberly Crocker