A 3 Step Plan to Achieving a 1200 Calorie Diet Can Work for You! By loading the calories on the earlier part of the day, then gradually reducing intake, energy is used into the evening. The suggested plan is for:
- reducing dietary intake
- promoting weight loss
- for the individual who is not physically inclined to move as often.
- slow metabolism (i.e. hypothyroidism)
Reducing and controlling the intake of energy by cautiously planning meals is easy to do by simply following 3 Steps.
Step 1: Move the higher caloric dinner-time to a lunch menu, allowing energy to be expended over the day instead of packing the calories at night when they can turn to fat quicker, because of less movement and exercise on an individual’s part.
Step 2: Promote effective digestion by adding: the juice of a 1/2 lemon freshly squeezed to 1 glass of water and drink the special “lemonade” twice throughout the day. After meals chew on 6-12 fennel seeds to add: fiber, reduce gas, natural phyto-estrogens and freshens breath.
Step 3: Plan Each Meal, pick and choose your food, aiming for the total suggested calories per snack or meal.
BREAKFAST is important to fueling your day with energy and focus throughout the morning. Begin your day by drinking 2 glasses of water then choose your menu, aim for 300 calories for breakfast, try to include 1 fruit.
- 1 egg (211 calories)
- Yogurt 1% milk fat 8 ounces (218 calories)
- Slice multi grain bread (69 calories)
- 1 tsp Jelly (40 calories)
- 1 tsp honey (49 calories)
- Slow cook unflavored oatmeal made with water (14 calories)
- Glass 1 % Milk 8 ounces (110 calories)
- Orange Juice 6 ounce (71 calories)
- 1 Cup coffee (5 calories)
- 1 fruit (70 calories)
- 1 fruit is one serving size (tennis ball size), on average varies in 70-85 calories
- 1/2 ounce of nuts (80 calories)
- 1/2 ounce sunflower seeds (82 calories)
- 1 glass water
- Fish (138 calories)
- Chicken (245 calories)
- Red Meat (213 calories)
- Pork (207 calories)
- 1 cup beans (215 calories)
- 1 cup lentils (226 calories)
- White Rice 1/2 cup cooked (85 calories)
- Long Grain Brown Rice 1/2 cup cooked (108 calories)
- Pasta cooked (140 calories)
- Green Salad (60 calories)
- 1/4 cup: sliced Carrots or snow peas or beans (25 calories each)
- 1 tsp olive oil / vinegar dressing (45 calories)
- 1 fruit (70-80 calories)
- 1/4 cup berries (16 calories)
- 4 prunes (80 calories)
- 1 fruit (70 calories)
- 1 glass of water
- sweet potato baked (115 calorie)
- 1 cup salad (60 calories)
- 1 cup vegetable soup (110 calories)
- roasted pepper and mushrooms with minced garlic and 1/2 tsp olive oil (80 calories)
- 1 sliced whole red, green, yellow peppers (37 calories)
- 1 cup sliced zucchini (20 calories) saute` with 1/2 Tbsp olive oil (80 calories) and minced garlic
- Saute` or grilled portobello mushroom (80 calories)
- 1 glass milk (110 calories)
Before bedtime have a glass of water. Allow eight hours of rest to promote additional calorie loss and waking up refreshed and ready to begin a new day!
By: Kimberly Crocker-Scardicchio
- Lemon Juice: http://eatknowhow.com/2008/01/28/gas-pains-drink-lemon-water
- Fennel Seeds: http://eatknowhow.com/2011/12/05/fennel-seeds-to-restore-health