Easy Eating. Quick Cooking. 10 minutes to enjoying delicious scallops as an appetizer, or serve them with a Lemon Almond Salad for a light meal.
Skillet Scallops Serves 4
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Parsley chopped
- 12 Medium Scallops
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp Lemon Zest
- 1/3 cup white wine (optional)
DIRECTIONS: Over medium-heat, place oil in skillet pan with minced garlic parsley allow to saute` for 1 minute.
Add scallops. For small to medium size scallops, allow to cook 2-3 minutes per side. For large scallops, allow to cook in pan about 3-4 minutes per side. Using a zester, add zest lemon peel (skin without white pith on underside). Add splash of white wine (1/3 cup) in last minute of cooking.
- 1 Tbsp thinly sliced onions
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar (glaze provides a sweeter taste)**
- 1/8 tsp salt and a few red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- with a fork combine onions, lemon juice, salt, pepper, olive oil, set aside
- 6 cups lettuce. Wash, dry and chop lettuce
- 4 Oranges slices. Peel orange and thinly slice. Half the orange slices
- 1 Tbsp nuts of choice: Sliced Almonds, Chopped Walnuts (optional)
- 1 tsp of sunflower seeds (optional)
- ** May substitute vinegar with 1 teaspoon of lemon juice.
In a large bowl, combine chopped lettuce, oranges, nuts and sunflower seeds. Add onion mixture. Toss all together. Serve lettuce onto plate and add 3 scallops per person.