Easy and Flexible. This sauce can be used for many dishes.
1. Pair this sauce with Spaghetti or any other pasta and top off with parmesan cheese.
2. Try serving the sauce over orecchiette and grating Ricotta Dura on top. A saltier and freshly made to serve cheese.
3. Serve sauce over white rice and parmesan cheese. Delicious!
4. Also as main sauce in Ragu. For Lasagna or Cannelloni (mozzarella cheese) Authentic Ragu` Italian Sauce
Simple Spaghetti Basil & Tomato Sauce (Onion Based) serves 5-6
1 medium onion
2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
28 oz or 720 grams Tomato Sauce ( De Cecco or Fratelli)
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup milk
8 Basil leaves
In a medium size pan, sauté onion in olive oil for 5 minutes on medium low. Add tomato sauce, salt, milk (helps to reduce acidity of sauce which comes from the processed seeds.) Allow to simmer for 20 minutes. Add basil leaves to sauce at end of simmering time.
For nice presentation of dish pinch 2-4 leaves off basil plant and place on pasta dish.
Marinara Sauce (Garlic Based) Serves 3
- 1/4 c. Olive Oil
- 1 garlic clove peeled and minced (there are 2 garlic cloves in this recipe)
- 14 oz Tomato Sauce (only Ripened Tomatoes)
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1/2 tsp salt (salt to individual taste)
- 1/8 tsp oregano
- 1/8 tsp parsley
- pinch of red pepper flakes (1/16 – 1/8 tsp)
- 1 garlic peeled and minced (for a hint of garlic taste) optional
In a saucepan, sauté garlic in olive oil over low heat for 4 minutes. Add the tomato sauce, water, milk and salt. Allow to simmer on low heat for 15 minutes stirring occasionally. Add oregano, parsley, red pepper flakes, garlic clove minced and allow to simmer another 5 minutes of preparation.
Serve over favorite prepared pasta.
You must be logged in to post a comment.